Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

I want an IP phone to call a number when handpiece picked up

Hi,

I've seen documentation before on how to set up an IP phone to automatically dial a number when someone picks up the hand piece. But today, I cannot for the life of me find this documentation.

Can soneone clue me in to how this is done, or point me to where to look?

Thank you

John

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
11 REPLIES
Silver

Re: I want an IP phone to call a number when handpiece picked up

Hi,

Even though I am logged in, I am not able to get to that page. Where can I get to that page?

Regards,

John

It looks like you need a PLAR or HotDial feature for a Cisco IP phone. Check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080232b9f.shtml

Good luck,

Mike

---

http://www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com

I did get the phone to dial-out automatically, however I wanted to add some information not specifically mentioned in the configuration example.

I wanted this phone to dial an outside number. When you create your calling search space, make sure you add in the partitions (underneath the hotdial partition, in the selected partitions box) that will allow you to call the outside number.

Thanks for everyones help with the links.

Regards,

John

This works for a phone.

What if we wanted 1 line on a phone to be a regular line and another line to be PLAR?

Dennis

simply add the calling search space for the hotdial specifically under the line setting only. That should overide any global phone calling search space setting.

Hi John,

If i m right you wanted that whenever your IP phone goes off- hook it should ring specific extension without even dialing number of that extension for that perform the following steps :

- create partition A

- create translation pattern blank but make sure in teh called party transform mask put in the number of that extension you wanted to ring.

- Now add that partion A to this Translation pattern

and add that partion A in the calling search space of Calling Phone.

- if its an internal call you need not to perform any more steps but if its an external call

- Create routepattern for this scenario as well.

let me know if that helps.

Cheers :)

Gaurav

Go to that second line configuration page and perform the same steps mentioned in my previous email.

Let me know if that helps.

This might sound like a silly question, but if you configure the 2nd line on your phone to be a PLAR, what's the different between that and a speed dial? I have a few users who are requesting this as well, but I just point them to the speed dial option, rather than have tons of extra CSS and partitions running around just for PLAR.

thoughts?

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.