Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICD 3.0(3a SPc) Agent Desktop Login Problem

Not applicable

I'm testing an IPCC enhanced setup and I am using ICD3.0(3a) and CM 3.3.2(SpC). I installed the Agent Desktop but each time I try to login I get the following message: "Failed to login into CTI Manager Server! Please talk to you Administrator"

My setup:

RM user associated with Agent ext.

Agent user associated with Ext with ICD and CTI enabled.

RM Jtapi provider, Resources, Skills, Resource Groups, and CSQs all configured.

I have even synchronized by Directory Services thru Desktop Admin.

All this and I still can't login.

Does anyone out there have any ideas?

Desperately seeking help....

7 Replies 7

clachoi
Level 1
Level 1

This could be a problem with your client cannot resolve the hostname of the CallManager. Try putting in entries for all of your callmanager hostname and crs hostname into the hosts file on the local machine.

Not applicable

Tried that and it did not work.

A fellow engineer of mine has a system setup that works. He stated that when you install the Desktop Agent application, it should create a desktop_cfg folder at your root directory. When I check mine, I don't see it. I thought that I did not have admin rights on the pc but I gained admin rights to my local machine and reinstalled the application and got same results. Any more ideas before I call the TAC?

What operating system are you using? Does it happen to be Windows 98? Can you paste your system path from the machine you are on into your response?

Not applicable

I am using XP Prof. What system path are you speaking of. Strange thing is I installed it on 2 pcs and I am getting same result on both.

Hi,

An agent unable to log into the CAD receives the following error message:

Failed to login into CTI Manager Server! Please talk to your administrator.

Verify the following :

1.The agent’s userid and password is correct.

2.The Enable CTI Application Use checkbox in the User Information page is checked.

3.The CTI Manager service is running on the CTI server.

Is it affecting all users or a single user?

If this issue is affecting a single user, verify the user can ping the CTI Manager server by host name. If it cannot, please edit the LMHOSTS file to add the host name and IP address of the CTI Manager.

If its affecting all users, then you need to check the entry in LDAP.This can be viewed with the DSBrowser tool which is in

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop_Config\Util folder

Server Data->HOSTNAME LCC->App Data->CTI Manager List->"CTI Manager Host A" and B

Is entry was set to the IP address/Host name of the Call Manager or CRS Server?

Regards

Venkat

mikekana
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings

Funny, we have been having a somewhat similar problem - In our case, when you try to login agents, you get the Unable to Login Agent error - this appears on more and more desktops - rebooting the CRS server ( 3.0(3a) SPD loaded) and everything works fine for a while then the Unable to Login Agent error starts happening again. We are using extension mobility to first log in a phone then using the extension mobility extension in the agent login - along with the correct agent id and password.

Anyone else see this???

Thanks

Mike

Not applicable

Thanks for the info but I figured it out. I checked my LMHOSTS file made sure I had the proper entries. After that change I was able to login correctly. Thanks for all the help.

Antoine