cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICD 3.0 Voice recording

pvarenholt
Level 5
Level 5

Have questions around voice recording design. I've read the docs on how to design but would like to hear from some real-world examples.

Particular situation has 2 x 3548 trunked together with 3524's on the edge. Each 3524 has connection to each 3548 for availability purposes. We also have a CallManager in each core as well as PSTN gateway in each core.

What is best practice when implementing ICD 3.0 with voice recording to potentially allow any phone in network to be recorded.

What I'm wondering is if I place the ICD server in core will I be able to record voice that is occuring on opposite core switch?

Thanks,

Paul.

3 Replies 3

s.jankowski
Level 4
Level 4

Paul,

I have found a very good link for this"

Dedicated Recording and Voice Monitoring Server

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_getting_started_guide_chapter09186a0080114ce0.html

Hope this helps!

mcotrone
Level 3
Level 3

Paul,

I have been in your shoes on this and first off you will need to use RSPAN. If I understand you correctly you will put your CRS server off of one of the 3548's and your agents/supervisors off the 3524 switches? You will need to use RSPAN to get voice monitoring/recording to work. Unfortunately the 3550 series is when RSPAN was starting to be supported.

Thanks

Mike

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

If you were to plug the PSTN connections for both call centers into the same switch then you would at least be able to monitor PSTN to Agent calls. You would not be able to monitor Agent to Agent calls that are spread accross multiple switches. Just plug both Voice Gateways into the same switch as the VOIP Monitor server, span both of the PSTN ports and your all set.