cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

icd agent login problem

scottiptel
Level 1
Level 1

While login to the desktop agent gives an error"error reading file \config\kw_default\datafields.ini. then another error A licencing error has occured. Please try again in five minutes. If the problem persists, please see your log file or System Administrator for details. All the licence files are there.

7 Replies 7

b.rudy
Level 1
Level 1

Try mapping a drive to the icd server using the administrator account i.e. \\icd_server_ip_address\c$. Then try logging an agent into icd again. This is the only work around i've found. Anyone else have any thoughts. Thanks.

Mapping a drive is not a work around. Having a drive mapped to \\icdserver\desktop_cfg on all agent desktops is necessary for agents to be able to login.

Also verify the that user that you have used to map the drive to the ICD server has read/write rights to that directory.

I tryed the mapping and the permissions and I still receive an error saying the following,"Could'nt get data types from server" then License error please try again in five minutes"

Any other ideas, I rebuilt the server twice, re-created the repository and still no dice. Any help would be great.

Thanks, JR

Sounds like you may have an LDAP configuration issue.

You may want to check this registry key to verify your LDAP settings:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Spanlink\Site Setup\

Are you positive that all files and directories in Desktop_cfg are not

"Read Only"? Can you browse the desktop_cfg folder on the machine you are trying to log into?

In license manager on the CRS server do you have licenses for ICD Agent Desktops?