Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

ICD components explanation

Hi,

we want to install IP ICD in a customer, but this application is new for me. In the configuration guidelines for CRS-CM configuration for ICD support, it describes how to configure route ports and route points. Could someone explain what they represent, for example, route point will be the number that users will call, while route ports are the IVR ports? Or, how the agents DNs are associated with the route ports/route points? Will agents IP Phones have shared lines with cti route point extensions?

Also, we want to have a co-located installation, meaning install CRS and CM into one server. If we use IP ICD 3.0 (or IPCC Express- new name) Standard Edition, how many IVR ports will be supported? In the CCO it refers that such kind of implementation supports up to 10 agents, but says nothing for IVR ports.

I would appreciate any help.

Yanna

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: ICD components explanation

Wow, what a huge set of questions. I'll give you some quick answers:

Route Points are in fact the virtual numbers that a user calls to get to the queue, it is the trigger that the server associates to. Once a Route Point is called, the actual call is transferred over to the CTI Port which is equivalent to a virtual phone. Therefore agents aren't associated at all to either one of the above, their phone call is with the CTI Port, and there are no shared lines with these exts.

As far as the number of supported IVR ports on a co-located install, the documentation is sometimes pretty weak, you may have to fire off a call to Cisco on that one. I will say that if you aren't doing any heavy duty stuff (speech recognition etc...) it should handle enough ports to keep 10 agents busy.

Rick

You really only need one route point. You can have multiple DNs on a single route point, with each DN being a trigger to a unique script.

But I personally use a single route point for each logical grouping of agents (Operators and Helpdesk) and I have multiple DNs per route point, ie 5250 is in the Helpdesk route point and points to the Helpdesk Queue script, but 5299 is also in the Helpdesk RP but points to a different script that allows the agents to record an outgoing message. Then I have the DN 5000 on a different route point for the Operator Queue script. I could've put them all in the same RP but for ease of readability purposes I split them up.

Second question, only one route point is needed for any amount of CTI ports . The route point is the front door of the house, the amount of CTI ports you have is the square footage of your living room. ;^)

I *think* that licensing is done by agent, and the ICD comes with 150 CTI ports for any amount of agents, but I wouldn't quote me on that.

Hope this helps.

6 REPLIES
Bronze

Wow, what a huge set of questions. I'll give you some quick answers:

Route Points are in fact the virtual numbers that a user calls to get to the queue, it is the trigger that the server associates to. Once a Route Point is called, the actual call is transferred over to the CTI Port which is equivalent to a virtual phone. Therefore agents aren't associated at all to either one of the above, their phone call is with the CTI Port, and there are no shared lines with these exts.

As far as the number of supported IVR ports on a co-located install, the documentation is sometimes pretty weak, you may have to fire off a call to Cisco on that one. I will say that if you aren't doing any heavy duty stuff (speech recognition etc...) it should handle enough ports to keep 10 agents busy.

Rick

Rick,

thanks a lot for your answers .

Great great help.

Two last questions: I suppose that with such configuration we can configure two CTI Route Points. We need to have two groups of agents, servicing different requests. Is that right?

Finally, do the CTI Route Point extensions have to be as much as the CTI ports? I assume the number of CTI ports are specified by the license of the product you buy.

Yanna

You really only need one route point. You can have multiple DNs on a single route point, with each DN being a trigger to a unique script.

But I personally use a single route point for each logical grouping of agents (Operators and Helpdesk) and I have multiple DNs per route point, ie 5250 is in the Helpdesk route point and points to the Helpdesk Queue script, but 5299 is also in the Helpdesk RP but points to a different script that allows the agents to record an outgoing message. Then I have the DN 5000 on a different route point for the Operator Queue script. I could've put them all in the same RP but for ease of readability purposes I split them up.

Second question, only one route point is needed for any amount of CTI ports . The route point is the front door of the house, the amount of CTI ports you have is the square footage of your living room. ;^)

I *think* that licensing is done by agent, and the ICD comes with 150 CTI ports for any amount of agents, but I wouldn't quote me on that.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

thanks again for your answers, I think I will follow the same logic with Route Points.

Finally ( at least I hope so...) one more question:

do we have to configure two jtapi users in Call Managers, one for Route Points and Ports, and one for RM, or one users is enough for both? I think the first option is the right one, I just need a verification.

Regards,

Yanna

Bronze

Yes, you need to have two different users.

Aslam.

Okay I dont know where to post this question so I am putting it here. I put in IPCC Express Standard and 30 Ip phone Agents. The receptionist has the Supervisor desktop because the customer wants her to see the state of the Ip phone agents to allow her to route calls to them. My question is if the call comes in to the receptionist and she picks it up instead of it being routed through the ICD can she still see the state of the agent? Meaning that the call wasnt routed through a route point or queued, it was picked up by the receptionst.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content