cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICD design issue

ydpiao
Level 1
Level 1

My customer wants to create 3 queues for billing, Credit and Emergency services, and one other queue "overflow" to backup for the 3 queues if no agents are available in one of the 3 queues.

My questions are:

1. For the 3 queues, do I need create 3 RoutePoints(different Pilot DN) for each queue? If only one hotline Number for the 3 Queues, how to design?

2. Does the Cisco ICD support one queue to backup other queue? If does, how to configure it?

Please give comments

Thanks

Jack

3 Replies 3

s-pinto
Level 1
Level 1

Jack,

You can do this in several way.

You use only one route point and have one menu like "press 1 for Billing, 2 for emergency..."

The you can try to "put" the can in the billing queue(with the Select Resource step). If its full(stays in the queued step) then you dequeue this call and "put" it in the overflow queue(with the select resource step).

If you have any doubts please email me.

Regards,

Sergio

Sergio,

Thanks.

If use only one route point, the AutoAttendant script must be created and edited by the CRS Editor to transfer the caller, right? Actually I don't want to create and Edit the script anymore.

Do you have other suggestions?

An addition to the response would be to nest select resource steps thus creating simultaneous queuing on the backup groups. You gain little if you deque from the primary routed to CSQ, this is where you prefer the call to be answered. By nesting a second, third, select resource within the primary select resource step, you increase the possible agents available to handle the influx of calls rather than shifting calls (by dequing) to backup groups which have their own call volumes to handle.

Regards

Gil