Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ICD Desktop V2.2(3a) Complaints/suggestions

Complaints from hy help desk personnel have prompted me to ask Cisco if they can enhance or change the ICD Desktop. My suggestion is, can the agent piece be made to minimize into the systray and change colors to reflect (at a glance) whether the user is available or not (say, red to green, etc). My users complain that if they miss a call or get a call on their other line that the client piece will make them unavail. They usually have several windows open and must close or minimize everything else just to see if they are still available. The managers are constantly watching real time stats and are growing agitated with the agents for not remaining in avail state. If the login status could be reduced to a systray item, I think it would help a lot of customers.

Any suggestions or workarounds that I don't know about will be appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: ICD Desktop V2.2(3a) Complaints/suggestions

This problem is solved in the latest version of Cisco 's CAD ( Cisco Agent Desktop). You get a POP when a call comes, inspite of the other windows open & CAD minimized. But the problem with this is it cost a bomb.

But i havent found the the facility of minimizing it to a Systray.

Here's another suggestion: On the ICD box, under the \program files\wfavvid\SubsystemRmCm.properties file, edit the file to create the following statement - "com.cisco.wf.subsystems.rmcm.agentUnavailRNA=false" this will keep your agents from going unavailable if they don't answer a call. The call will still be presented there, but if not answered, will roll to another agent and leave the original agent "available". They still need to make themselves "unavailable" if they are truly unavailable, otherwise your customers will get continous ringing as the call bounces from non-answering-but-available agent to the same.

OK, I tried this. Without restarting the desktop, it does not work. I closed and restarted the desktop, still nothing. Do you have to restart the ICD server to make the change take effect? This is a text file and I know the system has to read it at some point and then push the parameters out to the desktops. How do you make the system see the changes?

BTW, this tip would be great if I can actually make it work. This will solve my problem.

I recall it only requiring a restart of the ICD engine, but it may need a reboot.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content