cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICD operators automatically going offline

tracey.marshall
Level 1
Level 1

My customer is running a cluster of two Call Managers on version 3.1.3a (spD). They also have an ICD server. When the ICD pilot point is dialed but all operators are busy, the caller gets MOH. An operator then becomes free but if this operator does not answer within 15 seconds (3 rings), the caller is put back on hold and the operator goes offline automatically. Because the operator has the application minimised, they are not aware that they are offline. Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

jeff_stb
Level 1
Level 1

We're running ICD v2.2.1, and found the exact same actions happening to us. Actually, we found that this is normal procedure for the following reason: The ICD agent logs in and announces availability. But, when a call comes in, and the agent misses the call, ICD then automatically makes the agent unavailable. Why? This is ICD's way of saying "You told me you were available, but you didn't take the call.... therefore you must really not be available, so now you're offline."

This was in a release notes that a Cisco SE sent me about ICD, but I can't remember where I put the notes. There's an option in ICD to turn this off and ignore the agent's non-answering and change of state, but the option affects _all_ ICD agents, not just that one. I had to spend alot of time getting the new agents used to being prompt and answering the phone accordingly, and also making themselves unavailable when they step away.

Hard to understand on the first go, but there's no real ICD failure with this function.

FWIW.

-Jeff

Jeff, your response has been a great help. Do you know if it is possible to extend the answer time? Or is this simply an on/off parameter?

The only way (to the best of my knowledge) is to go in Call Mgr and increase the number of rings, but that is a global setting for all IP phones, not just the ICD agents. You could raise the length to 5 rings so that the ICD agents could hear 4 rings, and still not be unbearable for the rest of the users.

-Jeff