Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM 4.5 upgrade problems

bkeane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have encountered a major problem with the INAP gateway during our 4.5 upgrade.(From ICM 4.1.4 to ICM 4.5) The Energis NIC (we use, nevada is a member of the Energis group operating on an all Ireland basis) has been unable to come "up" again on side B since this side has been upgraded. Side A is still running on ICM 4.1.4 and I don't intend to alter this until side B can be successfully brought online. Testing by bringing down side A (and setting to manual >>4.1.4) and bringing up all services on side B (4.5) shows the INAP gateway on side B to be continuously attempting to come up without success. Do we have to reconfigure the NIC? We have also upgraded SQL to MSSQL 7.0 from 6.5 on side B loggers. (am aware of NT SP6.5a issue) NAW1 is also upgraded but not running at the moment, it counld'nt get the feed?

Anyone with any ideas? TAC thinks its an IP problem with the NAM router on side B not seeing >1/2 the PGs therefore not coming up, I dont see why it cant see the PGs. We have a NAM connected to a DMS CO switch and a CICM complex.

10 Replies 10

Thunderbird1
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have the latest Energisnic hotfixes?

(HF82,138) these may or may not help.

TAC is probably right about the majority of device issue as the B side Router will not run without the majority of devices. If the Router is not running then the INAP Gateway will not either. As a quick test go into the Router setup and uncheck the PG that the Router cant see so that the Router will now have 1/1 PG and should go active. You will have problems if the A side is still running so it might be a good idea to stop it.

Good luck

Nope I dont have the latest hotfixes, where i can get these?

TAC says that the 4.5 should be aloud to run for up to two weeks alone before the sql upgrade!

TAC will supply Hotfixes

Not sure about the 2 week soak time for 4.5??

OK, 4.5 upgrade completed on NAM (all working ok, NIC links up and running) I managed to process a simple NTS call. However the CICM is hanging and the services on the CICM loggers are contantly bouncing, the event log in NT apps on the CICM loggers, says that I have the wrong SQL version, but this is the same version as the NAM loggers (SQL7.0+SP2). And the AW cant get the feed for the CICM at all? Any ideas whats going on here? I'm struggling, I escallted this to a P1 with TAC, their response has been slow to say the least....

What version of ICM are you running on the CICM? If it is 4.1 you will need to be on SQL 6.5.

-Tom

running version ICM4.5 and SQL 7.0

What order did you upgrade your system ?

4.1 to 4.5 then to SQL7?

if so you will have to run ICM setup again to upgrade the sql version and table structure that ICM requires for each sql version.

Make sense ?

Are you running 4.5 on both sides?

What are you upgrading from ?

Order was ICM 4.1.4 to 4.5

then SQL 6.5 to 7.0

then i ran all the ICM setup's again...+ICDdba stuff

Yes what your saying makes sense but what I'm seeing does'nt, CICM loggers are still not coming up, i cant see why as the NAM loggers were set up the same way and they came up easily...?

Confused and tired...

When you upgraded sql did you rebuild the CICM databases or did the sql upgrade process upgrade the existing databases?

Just another check, Are both versions of SQL still on the Loggers? If so which one is running? Which version is the logger complaining about ? Did you run setup while the new version was active ? Is it still active ? (There is a sql switch on the Start->Programs menu)

I apologise if these questions are a bit simple but I am just trying to get a feel for your setup