Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ICM 4.6.2 Duplexed mode

Hi

We have installed ICM 4.6.2 in Duplexed mode (two sides )our exact setup like this

Side A servers

RouterA

LoggerA(Domain Controller)

PG- (1 PG with 2 PIMs for CCM and QM)

CTIOS

AWS

Side B

Router B

Logger B

PG B

CTIOS

Side A is working fine, suppose Router A fails, Router B will not be active all the Calls will dropped.

Can some one help me on this problem

Regards

Shashimohan

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: ICM 4.6.2 Duplexed mode

Can tell me more about it.

1. have you applied all the similar hot fixes on botht eh sides.

2. Tell me what is the status of Router procees on both the sides when side A is working fine.

3. have you configured properly the public and private addresses properly and do you have second NIC cards connect by cross over cable.

4. if you have put the host names when you installed Router and logger I would suggest you to change it to proper IP address.

i am talking about the 8 IP addresses ( 4 on side A and 4 on side B )

RAD

Hi

Thanks for the Reply , problem with router is solved. there are several PG's configured, but not online; the router can't see all the PG's. we removed the PG's which are not online, then it started to work.

Now I have problem with PG's . Side A PG goes Down . Side B will not be active.any thoughts on this problem.

Regards

Shashimohan

shashi,

make sure you have the right kind of hot fixes on both the sides. Both should have the similar hot fix and also make sure to rerun the Pg set up and reconfigure it again. if possibloe use ip addres rather than host names. ok.

Rajeev.

It sounds like your problem is to do with the ICM Router process seeing a majority of the configured PG's in service.

Side A Router will go active if it sees half or more than half of the PG's PIM's active (e.g. 2 out of 4, or more). If Side A has failed, i.e. shut down, Side B will only go active if it sees more than half of the PG's PIM's active (e.g. 3 out of 4).

Check your comms, and make sure that both router processes can see all PG's active. Any extra DMP addresses configured should be removed in ICM Router setup.

Regards, Gary

I guess Gary is right. From your problem description the pg B does not seem to have a valid DMP address. Can you verify if you see PG B status in pgagent shows as idle or in service.

Views
Helpful
Replies