Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM IVR Integration

dror-cohen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have site include ICM 4.6.2 and IP-QM 3.02. From PSTN became 3 PRI with 90 lines.

Could I defined only 1 Translation Route with 90 session at ICM?

At ICM I defined 1 Trunk Group with 90 Trunk count and 1 Translation Route with DNIS and Label equal to JTAPI with CTI Route Point Directory Number defined at IP-QM (with 90 session), Also I define 1 ICM Translation Route with 90 session at IP-QM.

The list of CTI Ports define under JTAPI defined at IP-QM also defined at CCM

9 Replies 9

p.krane
Level 3
Level 3

I guess, the best guide for this could be :

Configuring Routes and Routing Targets

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_configuration_guide_

There is no problem with defining 1 Trunk Group for all 90 channels, but let me make sure I understand what you said about the CRS (IP-QM) side.

Did you say you have 1 CTI Route Point defined as a JTAPI Trigger which uses the 90-port CTI Port Group? If so, this may be a problem.

When using Translation Routing, you need to define a range of DNIS numbers that ICM can use to return "intermediate" Labels for - basically so ICM knows which DNIS to expect the call to arrive on. The DNIS selected as the intermediate target for a Translation Route is held from the moment it is selected by the Call Router to the time the call is ultimately delivered to the *final* destination and the PG sends confirmation. Then, the Call Router will 'release' that DNIS so it can be re-used.

Because of this process, the general "rule of thumb" for Translation Route DNIS pool sizing has been:

(Max(BHCA)/3600)*10*1.5

Which is just the maximum amount of calls you would expect to receive in a 10 second period times 1.5. This will give you the number of CTI Route Points you will need to define. They can all use the same CTI Port Group - they are simply there as intermediate targets for ICM to use to track the call.

- Bill

- Bill

Hi Bill

Thanks for your respone. My question is if it correct to define onlt 1 Translation Route in ICM with Label equal to the JTAPI trigger?

You only need 1 Translation Route, yes, but you would have multiple Labels/DNIS (based on that formula), each of which would correspond to an individual JTAPI Trigger (CTI Route Point).

So, if you knew that your maximum call rate was 1 call/second, then the formula would give you a Translation Route DNIS pool of 15 DNISs. This would mean 15 CTI Route Points and 15 JTAPI Triggers. The ratio needs to be 1:1, but each can point to the same CTI Port Group.

- Bill

- Bill

Hi Bill,

Thank you about your last explanation.

I defined under JTAPI subsystem 90 CTI port groups and 50 JTAPI Triggers. The customer buy only 90 ports. Also I defined 50 Route & DNISs.

So, our definition is correct?

Can you referring me to any document for this issue, as well as formula to calculate the ratio between CTI port and triggers (or your formula from previous response is answer to the question).

If I'm understanding correctly, then you may have more configuration than you need.

Normally, you would only need to define 1 CTI Port Group, which contained all 90 CTI Ports. The CTI Port Group is just a logical container. You would define multiple CTI Port Groups if you wanted to partition them for certain applications. For instance, if you had just 10 licenses for ASR/TTS, then you might create a "ASR_TTS" CTI Port Group with just 10 CTI Ports in it, and have the JTAPI Trigger for the ASR/TTS application use that Port Group. Then you would have a "general" CTI Port Group with the other 80 ports.

So let's get back to your configuration. Assuming you don't need to partition your CTI Ports, then you should group all 90 ports into 1 logical CTI Port Group. Then you would assign this group to all of your JTAPI Triggers. So this hits on your last question - there is no particular Trigger:CTI Port ratio. There can be overlap - the IVR will simply offer up the next available port to whatever application requests it.

So, to summarize the ratios:

CTI Port Group:CTI Port - depends only on your need to partition your ports to control *how many* ports a particular application can use.

JTAPI Triggers:CTI Route Points - this is a 1:1, and the "Line Appearance" or Directory Number:CTI Route Point ratio also needs to be 1:1 in CallManager.

JTAPI Triggers:CTI Port Groups - this is 1:1, but different JTAPI Triggers can use the same CTI Port Group.

- Bill

- Bill

I have just completed a project where we used 1 JTAPI trigger to 30 CTI ports. Based on a BHCR of 7000 the formulae looks good. We stressed tested this and saw that 15 gave an error of " run out of route points"

Hi

My BHCA is 2500 based on: 90 ports on IVR and 25 agents.

The Average Handling Time (AHT) plus Average Work Time (AWT) is in the range of 5 minutes per call.

Using the formula I get: 2500/3600*10*1.5=10.4 so 11 ports.

Now should I use the following configuration for the ports:

CCM - 90 Devices, 11 CTI route Point.

IP QM - 90 CTI ports, 11 Triggers pointing on one application, 1 CTI port group.

ICM - 1 Trunk Group with 90 Trunk count and 1 Translation Route with 11 Labels and DNISs.

It should be the correct configuration.

Exactly - that's perfect!

You mentioned the outcome of the formula as "11 ports" - this is actually the number of DNIS values you need for the Translation Route. You have it listed correctly below that, however.

- Bill

- Bill
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: