cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Network Busy Label

4r-braun
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone had any experience using the ICM Network Busy label in Script Editor? We are an MCI Worldcom Customer, and would like to be able to use the Busy Node, but haven't figured out what's required in the configuration, or what's required in the Worldcom Network. Believe it should be a type of Destination Label and are inquiring with MCI Worldcom, but haven't found someone who knows yet.

Thanks for any input.

5 Replies 5

Thunderbird1
Level 1
Level 1

The busy node needs to be mapped to a label at the NAM and the ICM that will return busy from the network. Once this is done the label can be change from 'normal' to 'busy' type.

The busy node can then be used in scripts without sending calls to the 'label'. I'm not sure but I think this may also be dependant on the NAM NIC type.

Thanks for your response - forgive my ignorance, but what's "NAM"? Also, I should have mentioned that our ICM is on our premises, not in the MCI Worldcom network, so we have an MCI Worldocm NIC.

I am assuming that your incoming calls are pre-routed from MCI and not post routed from your PGs?

If this is the case you will need a label from MCI that will return Busy-tone if a call is routed to it.

Once you have this label you should ,theoretically, be able to configure it as a 'busy' label and then use the busy label node in you scripts to route calls to busy. Again I dont know if the MCI NIC supports busy labels. If the call is post routed from you PGs you need a label on your switch that will return busy. Again make this label a 'busy' label and then use the busy label node in you scripts to route calls to busy. Dont worry about the NAM stuff. This is just a best guess as I dont know how your ICM is configured .

Good Luck and I hope I have not confused you as much as I confuse myself

You are correct that our calls are pre-routed from MCI, only. I figured it would work the way you are describing it, with a busy label from MCI. Just have yet to find someone at MCI who knows how such a label is configured. And maybe the MCI NIC does not support busy labels. Thanks for your input!

We are using a label from MCI that is mapped to our leading 800 number which when returned plays a network message from MCI stating that we are too busy to take a call. Your MCI account rep should have no problem ordering this for you.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: