Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ICM vs. IPCC Express Functionality

Need clarification... Is ICM a component of IPCC Express, vice versa or, are they two separate products that can work together?

I would really appreciate an explanation.

Thnaks,

Dave

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: ICM vs. IPCC Express Functionality

ICM = IPCC Enterprise. This is a completely different product. It is Cisco's larger call center product. There is more redundancy it is significantly more expensive than IPCC Express. Cisco purchased Geotel's ICM product, integrated it with CallManager and IVR and now you have IPCC.

IPCC Express (foremerly known as ICD) Scales to 150 Agents (150 with CRS 3.1). I also feel it is much more stable. IPCC Enterprise (ICM) has more redundancy, can integrate with legacy IVR's but I feel IPCC Express is more stable becuase Cisco has built it from the ground up. With the release of CRS 4.X and the ability for redundant IVR's and at some point scaling up the supported amount of agents hopefully IPCC Express will be deployed more often the IPCC Enterprise (ICM).

Views
Helpful
Replies