Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ICS 7750 recovery Option

I am in the process of installing an ICS 7750 in a site that is larger than this box was designed for. Against my suggestions, the client felt a single box solution was both cost effective and space efficient for his school system... but that's just conversation now

I built the box, who then decided to up-end some 3 days later, as DNS failed AD was a mess, SQL errors all over the place, Unity would not resolve itself ( had to change the link to 192.168.x.x/saweb b/c the cisco-unity/saweb link wouldnt resolve ) - basically had to rebuild the box 3 days after birth. NOW i have some 350 users 9 EXTENSIVE handlers, and a great deal of time put into this box. I have no true means of back-up, as the voice network is isolated from the data. So, I ran DiRT and did what i could, and saved a copy on the CCM's - But this still means i would have to rebuild when faced with a failure.

SO, i came up with the idea of buying a few harddrives of equal make, model, size etc, taking unity down one weekend, and copying the whole damn thing to the new harddrives. Then lock these babies away in a safe place.

What i need to know is, are there any "features" in unity that would prevent me from doing this? oh, and is this a moronic solution to make my life easier, or a sound theory that should work in practice?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: ICS 7750 recovery Option

This sounds like it's going to be fun. There isn't anything preventing you from from ghosting the hard drives even. Obviously this isn't a "supported" way to do a backup, but there isn't anything to stop you from doing so either, so it might work.

Thanks

i figured it wouldn't be a supported method, but i had to find a quick & dirty way to recover this box. I have a feeling it's going to be a thorn in my side for a long time.

Just needed to make sure Cisco didnt serialize the harddrive with some sort of protection.

Matt,

I would suggest using Ghost and Ghosting the CallManager blade to the Unity server and the Unity server to the CallManager, then copy both to a laptop or other device on that network and create backup CD's to restore. I also would make off line backup copies of Unity with Dirt as well as using the STI backup utility for CallManager.

John

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content