Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ICS 7750 & Unity

Hi:<br><br>I will be placing an ICS 7750 chasis with Unity (on a blade) into production on our WAN in NY next week. This chasis will have Exchange 2k.<br><br>Knowing the ICS 7750 solution with Unity does not have unified messaging I have a concern I would like feedback on.<br><br>My current MS Exchange organization is 5.5 not 2k. Will this Unity instance, the new Exchange 2k blade on the ICS 7750 with the local vm boxes in NY, require any attachment to the current 5.5 MS Exchange environment?<br><br>The users email mailboxes are on a 5.5 server. We are running native in Win2k with AD however we do not have Exchange 2k.<br><br>What should I view as my options or concerns? Do I need to upgrade the Exchange 5.5 instances to 2k? Can I run with 5.5 and 2k (The blade instance without UM) in the organization since it is not unified?<br><br><br><br>Erik L. Vesneski<br>Internal Network Manager<br>www.epicentric.com

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: ICS 7750 & Unity

For now, integrating the ICS with an existing Exchange installation is not supported. Your Exchange 5.5 server will not need to communicate with the Exchange 2000 server on the Unity machine.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

Re: ICS 7750 & Unity

Hi:

So, my understanding is then, when we build out the Exchange portion on the ICS 7750 if it is not part of the same Organization what sould it be? A seperate site?

Erik L. Vesneski
Internal Network Manager
www.epicentric.com

Views
Helpful
Replies