Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ICS 7750 with bogen paging amp

Hi

I'm trying to get a customer's new 7750 to utilze their old bogen tpu60b amplifier for paging and night bells and I have two questions.

I picked up a bogen TAMB device to interface between the amp and either an ATA181 or an FXS port on the MRP-8FXS. I need 48v idle-voltage for this and it doesn't look like the MRP supports this because the idle-voltage {low | high}command is not available. Can anyone verify this for me?

In order to utilize the night ringer I need to activate it with either a 90v ring signal or a dry contact closure. Any suggestions on the best way to do that?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES

Re: ICS 7750 with bogen paging amp

The TAMB can be wired with an external power supply - this is the best way to go...Bogen actually sells the power supply, but it is 75 bucks and you have to wire it to the TAMB yourself.

I have chopped off the end of a laptop power supply and wired it directly in - that works, but of course it's dangerous and not supported.

I actually got the paging to work without a power supply using an ata186 and the night ringer works with an fxo port.

Now I have to do the same thing with an old viking pa-2a.

Blue

What did you do to get it working?

For gaging I connected a mgcp controlled fxs port to the tamb, gave it an extension and disabled battery-reversal on the voice-port.

For the night ringer I connected an ata 186 directly to the tpu60-b and set the ata 186 as an h323 phone and gave it an extension and put it in a call pickup group. When the extension is called the night bells ring. Why it worked with the ata and not a fxs port on the mrp I don't know.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.