cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICS7750 and unity

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

I understand that the ICS7750 does not support unified messaging, but does it support having the message store housed on an existing exchange system??

6 Replies 6

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Sorry, it does not.

Keith

Thanks Keith

A 7750 FYI.

After fighting with this box for a while, it has come to my attention that the 7750 is best suited for SMALL installations. 100 - 200 max based on utilization. It just doesnt have the horsepower to handle high utilization.

IE: One of my clients insisted on this box for his school system. 400 users with 9 different call handlers consisting of 8 different menu options - so Unity is currently handling c. 1500 calls per day:

Processor @ 85% sustained

Memory @ 50 - 80% usage.

Moves, Adds & Changes can not be done during business hours as the database hangs (due to high CPU util).

I suggest anyone using this box perform a SERIOUS utilization estimate prior to implementing it. when it's not overworked the 7750 is a cool box. when it is asked to do too much, it becomes a nightmare.

Having had extensive call manager (from 3.0.1) and 7750 (first production v2 7750 in the world), I would say that you're running into a low memory situation. MS SQL server likes lots of memory. The CPU utilization is probably due in part to a low memory situation that is causing the box to swap. Our production 7750 ran into the same issue when running a big CDR query. Upgrading the SPE's to 1gig (which is what our MCS based CM system runs at) cleared up the issues.

unity blade has a gig.

Another 7750 FYI

I expect the 7750 is nearing end-of-sale. I have heard that rumor from multiple sources within Cisco. I would position the 7815s as an alternative. Unfortunately, the 7750 bundles had the best price point and Cisco just can't seem to understand that the SMB market requires a cost effective solution.