Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ICS7750. Night Bell and analog device call pickup

We have a need to hang a Valcom box off of an fxs port on a 7750 running CCM3.3 There are analog devices on a manufacturing floor environment that are hanging off of the fxs gateway.

The goal is to have 1 single number that rings the night bell. The analog phones should be able to pickup this call as part of it's pickup group. I can assign the devices to a pickup group. How do I use the analog phone to pickup the call? Is there a feature access code I can assign?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES

Re: ICS7750. Night Bell and analog device call pickup

I haven't actually tried this, but it seems like it would work:

Configure the device controlling the phones to use h.323

Assign secondary IP addresses to the device controlling those fxs ports. One ip address per analog phone.

Add new phones to call manager as h.323 phones. Assign them the ip addresses you just created. Place them in the same pickup group as the night bell. Treat them like regular ip phones and use the call pickup feature accordingly.

I'm sure this would work on a regular h.323 gateway, I just don't know if the 7750 is capable of running h323 with multiple ip addresses.

The only other option would be to run some sort of call pickup application on the blade holding those fxs ports. It would need to function as a gateway or proxy for all the analog phones, and it would need to be able to talk to call manager. I don't think there is any such device.

Thanks,

On the Gateway Device in call manager, I can look at each fxs port and assign it a directory number and call pickup group as I normally would. The trouble is that I do not know how to pickup the call when the other line is ringing. What would be the feature code I dial on the analog phone for group pickup. On the vg248, pickup is something like **3. Where would one find out the feature codes on the ASI81 blade?

-Robert

Response from TAC.

Analog devices hanging off of an ICS blade can be members of pickup groups, however, they cannot pickup ringing calls - only an IP phone can do this or an analog device attached to a VG.

Perhaps a future code upgrade???

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content