Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICS7750 with only One SPE Card

I reimaged my ICS7750's SPE Card. Unfortunetly, I only have one SPE card to run everything such as ICS Core Software, ICS System Manager, ICS Call Manager and Unity etc.

I was using Imaging Tool from the Laptop Connected to ICS chassis via Ethernet Port to SSP Card and Console Port to SAP card.

When I ran the ImageInstall Batch File the windows pops up with all the (6) Slots, I have a SPE on slot 5.

What needs to be installed in Slot (5) whether ICS Core or ICS System Manager. I would think both. but how do I do that.

If I choose ip 10.0.0.1 it it mapped to ICS system Manager then how do I install ICS Core Software.

Please shed some lights.

Thanks

1 REPLY

Re: ICS7750 with only One SPE Card

First thing. Go to CCO. Download ICS software version 2.3 or later. You'll thank me for it. It has a new installer that doesn't use the laptop connection, an takes about 1/6 the amount of time the v2.1 did.

Second: If you have only one SPE, it uses the System Manager software. The core software is only for other SPE's in the chassis (it basically allows the other SPE's to 'talk' to the chassis and the System Manager SPE.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content