cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ID and PWD

Davide Fiumi
Level 1
Level 1

Can the Unity system NOT ask me Id and pasword When I receive a message notification to the mobile telephone?

Can the Unity system NOT ask me password, when I use the IPPhone's messages button?

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can have Unity not ask you for a password by not setting one (you'll have to go into password policies and allow blank passwords - they're not allowed by default). This will affect, of course, both the sign in conversation and the message delivery conversation. We do NOT reccomend you do this, however, as outside callers can easily access your messages if they just know your extension.

For the message delivery you always have to enter your ID - since we can't know that we reached you at the number (i.e. someone else answered the phone) we'll require you identify yourself.

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry, it must authenticate. The closest you could get to that would be to allow blank passwords (Account Policy settings). Then you could just enter # when it asks for the password.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: