cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Idle Image display for 7960

jslagle
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone setup the idle message/image for the 7960 with CCM 3.1? Currently I am trying to display our Company logo. So far I have created a gif image then converted to a cip, from there I saved the image on the CCM harddrive, and then pointed the idle url to that file, but all I get is a blank screen that has the services Icon on the top. Any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

Can you be more specific as to where you put it on the hard drive and what url you used in the idle url? If you point your pc to that url does it show up?

Thank you,

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have to actually write an XML script containing objects that tell the phone to display the image you made, and then point the Idle URL at the xml file. If you need the XML object reference, you can find all this info at:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/vpdd/cdd/3_1/ipphsrvs.htm

Also if you need help or examples you can get the IP Phone Services SDK which is at:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/570/avvid/voice_ip/cm_xml/cm_xmldown.shtml

I've checked out those URLs and downloaded the SDK, but there are no actual examples, nor does the SDK contain the tools that it claims to include, such as image converters to get standard images to 4-color gray scale. Am I missing something here? Is there a site with actual samples we can modify, such as an Idle URL that cycles between images and allows you to press a key to dial Pizza Hut, or whatever is on the display at that time?

If so, could you please e-mail me a link or an example, at tom.collins@sbc.com. Thanks!

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

I did it a few times for our demo-callmanager.

I can sent you an example if you want.

Just let me know. s.monteiro@planet.nl

good luck

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

can I have an example too ?

Mehmet.Solak@deteline.de

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: