cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Idle URL on CP7911G?

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

Apparently the Idle URL is supported on CP7911G, but are the specs for the xml/asp-file the same as for the CP7940/60? I have trouble to load such an url on a 7911 while it works fine on the 7940/7960.

7 Replies 7

tbramwe
Level 3
Level 3

The 7911 image size (95pixels x 34 pixels) is different than the 7940/60. See if this helps (customizing the unified IP phone)...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00806904a8.html#wp1088046

Great! finally a document about custom images. now I'm looking how to create the idle image. I've used the cisco program to create a xml file. but I get a xml error [5] code...

any idea what I've done wrong?

Is it possible to create an image for the Idel URL that is compatible with both 7940/7960 and 7911?

rgds, Geert Folens.

Geert:

I just attempted this without success. I placed the same image in both subdirectories off the TFTPPath and it worked on the 7914 but not on the 7940/60. It seems the 7940/60 did not like the image size. I had to size each individually in an image editor to allow the graphic to render on the different size IP phone screens.

Tom

Gerard:

The XML error code may be caused by special characters. Did you use ( & " ' < > ) or any special characters? IP phones do not parse these correctly.

Tom

this is what i have..

nothing strange. used the cisco program to create it.

Gerard:

Depth is set to 2 in your file. Try changing it to 1.

If that is not successful covert your image file to a .png and use the thumbnail (named TN-logo.png) and full image (named logo.png) as stated in the design doc. The xml file will need to contain the menu, like this:

-

FTP:Desktops/95x34x1/TN-logo.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/95x34x1/logo.png" />

See if that works for you.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: