cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Idle URL on CP7911G?

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

Apparently the Idle URL is supported on CP7911G, but are the specs for the xml/asp-file the same as for the CP7940/60? I have trouble to load such an url on a 7911 while it works fine on the 7940/7960.

7 Replies 7

tbramwe
Level 3
Level 3

The 7911 image size (95pixels x 34 pixels) is different than the 7940/60. See if this helps (customizing the unified IP phone)...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00806904a8.html#wp1088046

Great! finally a document about custom images. now I'm looking how to create the idle image. I've used the cisco program to create a xml file. but I get a xml error [5] code...

any idea what I've done wrong?

Is it possible to create an image for the Idel URL that is compatible with both 7940/7960 and 7911?

rgds, Geert Folens.

Geert:

I just attempted this without success. I placed the same image in both subdirectories off the TFTPPath and it worked on the 7914 but not on the 7940/60. It seems the 7940/60 did not like the image size. I had to size each individually in an image editor to allow the graphic to render on the different size IP phone screens.

Tom

Gerard:

The XML error code may be caused by special characters. Did you use ( & " ' < > ) or any special characters? IP phones do not parse these correctly.

Tom

this is what i have..

nothing strange. used the cisco program to create it.

Gerard:

Depth is set to 2 in your file. Try changing it to 1.

If that is not successful covert your image file to a .png and use the thumbnail (named TN-logo.png) and full image (named logo.png) as stated in the design doc. The xml file will need to contain the menu, like this:

-

FTP:Desktops/95x34x1/TN-logo.png"

URL="TFTP:Desktops/95x34x1/logo.png" />

See if that works for you.

Tom