cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Idle URL: Turn Off/On Trick?

letnet
Level 1
Level 1

We have IDLE URL working fine - it's great - HOWEVER....

We really only want to use it for annoucnements - is there a way to put a special XML instruction in the XML file durin all non-emergencies that instructs the phone that there's no file available and to check back in 60 seconds again (so that our users don't always have to be staring at a blank screen or image except when there's news (basically so the IDLE URL will actually be noticed when it's there instead of getting used to it and ignoring it...

removing the file referenced in idle url still loads up blank rather than just goin back to the line appearance display - it'd be awesome if the firmware or whatever could just be programmed to ignore the idle url if it wasn't there - any other approaches to the same problem?

- Ken

26 Replies 26

Could you send me an example uf the http POST function as well?

Thanks,

Bruno

I would like the example also sswift@galaxysystems.co.uk - thanks!

Much appreciated if u could send me an example also to jdunne@tippinst.ie

Rgds

Rif,

I know it seems a little late but would be able to send a copy the me (chris.adams@sheridanc.on.ca). Thanks!

Please email me an example of above sample at deepali.mehrotra@synetrix.co.uk

Also if you have an example of idle URL then please email me that as well as I want to use it for other applications

Could you also send me an example? To glen.cobby@cw.com.

Thanks

Glen Cobby

msolak
Level 4
Level 4

Can You send me an example too:))))

Mehmet.Solak@deteline.de

Thanks

kennethh
Level 1
Level 1

Can You send me an example too:))))

kennethh@infoservetele.com

Thanks

mdury
Level 1
Level 1

Can i have the example too Please :)

mdury@phonextra.com

rkiamil
Level 1
Level 1

I would post the HTML up here, but it would make the page go funny. So if you want it mail me rif.kiamil@jjfastfood.com and put in the subject "How To HTTP A 7940/7960"

LESTERCAM
Level 1
Level 1

I'm alsolooking for such announcements; Can you copy me the 'how to do' to leo.estercam@getronics.com

Would appreciate it very much! Regards, Jo.

risilver
Level 1
Level 1

Me too please!!! :)

richard.silver@eamc.org

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: