Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

If there is a pause greater than 1 second, Unity records static

In a new 3.13 Unity install, with CM 3.1(3a) SPD, I notice that any greetings or voicemessages that contain a pause for more than one second have trouble. All of a sudden there is a loud burst of what sounds like static. It happens on internal calls as well as external.

I have disabled VAD and comfort noise...AND the wacky thing is that if I mute when pausing, there is no static. So I don't think it is related to VAD or silencesupression.

I do think that it might be TSP/AGC related.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: If there is a pause greater than 1 second, Unity records sta

This is AGC related and is addressed in 3.1(4). The AGC was always doing it's best to bring the record stream up to the dB level specified and in the case of silense or light static noise it would result in a loud pop effect you mention. In 3.1(4) there were additional AGC settings added that indicated if the record stream was below a specified dB level to leave it alone (-35 by default) and to not try and raise any record stream by more than X dB (10 by default) which helps avoid this problem.

Community Member

Okay, cool - upgrade it is.

Anything I can do in the meantime to adjust it in 3.13? btw thanks for the quick reply.

Cisco Employee

In the short term about all you can do is turn AGC off. You'll have to decide if the pops are worse that fluxuating volumes on records...

AGC can be disabled by setting the AGCTargetDB key to 0 under HKLM\Software\Active Voice\MIU\1.0\Initalization\

a restart is required for the change to take effect.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content