cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IIS Lockdown

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Jeff,<br><br>In the Best Practices Unity 3.0 whitepaper it says that we are able to use the IIS Lockdown tool. I have a customer that ran the tool and is now unable to get to the Admin page or for that matter any other pages in the box. What can I do to recover from this tool?<br><br>Thanks<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

There's no snappy "un lock down IIS" option with that tool, unfortunately. There was a big table of stuff you needed to modify when using IIS Lockdown (i.e. file types such as ASP you needed to tell it to leave alone and the like). Did you follow that table? This really does work if you take care to do each of those things... I know the interface for that bad boy is not the friendlies thing in the world.

If you're still stuck and think you've followed all those directions, ping me directly and we'll see if we can resolve it.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I'm not sure what the customer picked when they ran the tool so I'm not sure what IIS is missing or not missing. I know that it removes alot of sample scripts and example web pages, but without knowing what I'm looking for I don't know what to tell the customer.