Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Implement CCM Group?

I'm unable to implement a CallManager Group. My phones only register with one CallManager according to the Network Configuration on the phones.

Here's my setup for my lap IP phone system.

1 VLAN for all nodes. Connectivity between all servers & phones

2 CCMs V:3.1.2

10 IP phones

Have both CCMs as CCM1 and CCM2 as servers and both indicate ready.

CCM1 is publisher, CCM2 is backup (changes on CCM1 go to CCM2).

Have only one CM group "default" with CCM2 as first server, and CCM1 as second. This group is auto-registration.

Have only one Device Pool "default" with Call Manager group "default".

All phones are in the "default" device pool.

Reset devices to changes take affect.

However all phones only show the IP of CCM1 as active. No listing for Call Manager 2 in any phones. If I stop CCM1, the phones don't switchover to CCM2.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Re: Implement CCM Group?

Hi ,

Every time a phone is added to the CallManager a .cnf file and a Speed dial file are created for the phone in the Programfiles\cisco\tftpPath directory , for that MAC address. If this file is missing for some reason / the config info in this file is inconsistent with what is on the CCM Database then you get " Erro Verifying Config Info " error.

Make sure that you change the Name to IP address on the server page in the CCM Administration. This usually avoid all name resolution issues.

DO you have any error related to the Database on the CallManagers. If you are not able to delete the phone, then usually it is a problem with your Database. Also make sure you try deleting the phone directly from the Publisher.

Also Double check the content on the XMLDEfault.cnf , to make sure you have both IP address listed in this file ( you can open this with IE )

Let me know what happens

Ranjani

9 REPLIES
Community Member

Hi

Have you tried deleting one of these phones on the CallManager and added it manually with the device pool to default and check if that takes both the CallManagers in the list.

Ranjani

Community Member

I'm unable to delete the phone. I get a Remote Scription Error "Error No. -2147467259 (0x80004005):"

However, in the process of trying to delete the phone ... I noticed that the phones are saying "Default CM to TFTP Server". I'm going to double check my DHCP settings for CallManager.

Community Member

The DHCP settings are correct. I had the correct value for option 150 for TFTP server as CCM1.

Just to try things I changed the DHCP server to give out option 066 instead of 150. Input the name for CCM1 for option 066 and the phones work. But they still are defaulting to the TFTP server (which is CCM1) as their only CallManager.

Silver

Do you have both calmanagers listed in the network configuration on the phone?

Can you ping the phones from the second callmanager?

Any errors in the event viewer?

Community Member

1) Do you have both CallManagers listed in the network configuration on the phone?

No, any phone that starts up uses the TFTP server as the CallManager. Therefore, I only have 1 CallManager listed which is always the TFTP server.

2) Can you ping the phones from the second CallManager?

Yes, I can ping and access the web server on any IP phone from the second CallManager CCM2.

3) Any errors in the event viewer?

There's lots but none that seem related to my problem. And there are no error messages whenever I restart a phone.

Community Member

Another thing I noticed is that I'm sometimes, maybe half the times I reset, getting an error message on the IP Phone LCD that says "Error Verifying Config Info"

Community Member

Hi ,

Every time a phone is added to the CallManager a .cnf file and a Speed dial file are created for the phone in the Programfiles\cisco\tftpPath directory , for that MAC address. If this file is missing for some reason / the config info in this file is inconsistent with what is on the CCM Database then you get " Erro Verifying Config Info " error.

Make sure that you change the Name to IP address on the server page in the CCM Administration. This usually avoid all name resolution issues.

DO you have any error related to the Database on the CallManagers. If you are not able to delete the phone, then usually it is a problem with your Database. Also make sure you try deleting the phone directly from the Publisher.

Also Double check the content on the XMLDEfault.cnf , to make sure you have both IP address listed in this file ( you can open this with IE )

Let me know what happens

Ranjani

Community Member

This solved all my problems including the "error verifying config info" message except for I still can't delete any phones. However, that's not the issue I was trying to solve.

I changed the "DNS/IP Address" field in System -> Server to the IP addresses of the servers, reset the devices in the device pool, and everything was working. Both CCMs are on the phone in the expected order.

Thanks Ranjani.

Community Member

Thats good ..! Did you have any errors at all in the Eventlog with respect to the Database. Again ,were you able to find the .cnf files ?

Ranjani

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content