Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

implementing a converged network

we have a office with an avaya Media Server S8500 using CM3 and till now we were using all digital phones and we are planning to setup a new office in the ground floor of the same building with ip phones.i need to take voice to the new office downstairs along with the data.

The whole building is connected by our providers to their switchwhat they need is to extend their vlan to the other office.Till now we have not used our builings network.

This is the first time i am in to a voice project.it will b great some one can help me in this.What i am using as my core switch is catalyst 5505.shud i separate the voice and data physically or logically(vlan,different subnet) and what all the equipments shud i use.There will be around 24 ip phones downstairs and what codec shud i use.i prefer to use G.711 and any suggestion on that.

pls help me...

3 REPLIES
Purple

Re: implementing a converged network

Hi,

I think a great start for you would be one of the IP Communications Solution Reference Network Designs that you can get at:

www.cisco.com/go/srnd

That should answer most of your questions.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Bronze

The avaya IPT Deployment Guide will help you out a lot more than SRND :-) since u are deploying Avaya IPT.

It is a great document which i also used for my large install of Avaya IP phones on cisco data network.

http://support.avaya.com/elmodocs2/comm_mgr/r3_1/pdfs/245600_4_2.pdf

Also, yes you should lay out a seperate voice/data network and for only 24 phones g.711 should be fine on a LAN.

Thanks for the amazing document.it contains all the points while implementing a Avaya IPT on a Cisco Data Networks.

Also i want to build a separate voice backbone for my company.Now i am implementing only 24 Avaya IPT but later we are planning to put another remote office which will be around 100 Avaya IPT.Which switch should i use for the backbone.There is also

a budget a contraint for time being.Will Cisco 3550 switch will be fine for the backbone.

Pls suggest.

Regards

NK

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content