cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Import AD Users into Unity 4.0(3)

noran01
Level 3
Level 3

I currently have my Unity 4.0(3) box with unified messaging up and running, but need to import all my users from AD. My AD structure is broken up by different OU's for different departments. Is there a way I can simply import all users in a selected OU into unity with all of them inheriting a specified COS? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's one of the few tools that doesn't come from the Customer Applications Team (CAT) group here in ECSBU - it's maintained by the database folks and it's version specific - they don't do mid version releases of their tools like we do.

It ships with Unity - you'll find it in the tools depot on your desktop in the Administration Tools section (it's caled "Bulk Import Exchange" or "Bulk Import Domino" depending on the back end you have installed). You can also find it in the Start | Programs | Unity folder - it's called "Cisco Unity Bulk Import" there. They both point to the same application, though.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use CUBI (Cisco Unity Bulk Import) to get users from AD in bulk. The OUs they're in does not matter as the mail alias field being used as a key is searched for across the entire domain - the OU they reside in is not taken into account when looking for them.

You can construct a CSV file to import users that includes their alias, primary extension number and select a subscriber template (which references a specific COS) if you want to go that route.

You can also do it using CUBI without a CSV file, however you will have to provide the primary extension numbers for users if they are not nicely prepopulated in the work phone field in AD.

Check out the help for CUBI, it covers the format for the CSV file and how to use the import tool itself.

Sorry for the newbie question but where can i get this tool...i checked ciscounitytools.com and didn't see it. Thanks!

That's one of the few tools that doesn't come from the Customer Applications Team (CAT) group here in ECSBU - it's maintained by the database folks and it's version specific - they don't do mid version releases of their tools like we do.

It ships with Unity - you'll find it in the tools depot on your desktop in the Administration Tools section (it's caled "Bulk Import Exchange" or "Bulk Import Domino" depending on the back end you have installed). You can also find it in the Start | Programs | Unity folder - it's called "Cisco Unity Bulk Import" there. They both point to the same application, though.

Thanks...it worked perfectly!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: