Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import exchange user don't see new mailbox

Unity 3.1.5. I'm trying to import a new exchange user created couple hours ago.

I made sure replication between exchange servers has occured and I have check the alias and display name. The user is also created in the right container.

I tried to add the user using the import existing exchange user, and also searched unity to make sure it hadn't been created already.

I also search by last name, first name and alias.

I ran dbwalker and fixed couples of issues but I still can't find that user.

Any ideas before I delete and recreate this account on exchange

Thanks

-Boris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Import exchange user don't see new mailbox

That setting sounds like the old 2.4.6 setting. For 3.1.5, you'll want to look in the HKLM\Software\ActiveVoice\Directory Connectors\AvDirMonExchange55\1.0 key and subkeys for configuration.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

It sounds like the Unity system is E2K connected, but if it's not let us know. DBWalker isn't going to do anything for this issue.

Yeah, if you created the AD account and Exchange box on another DC other than the DC that the following registry key points to (this is the server that Unity does lookups on for importing objects)...

HKLM\Software\ActiveVoice\1.0\Directory Connectors\DirSynchGlobalCatalog\1.0\Directory\DefaultGlobalCatalogServer

You'd have to ensure that AD replication of that creation has hit that server. If you log onto the machine with the same account that the AvDsGlobalCatalog service is running as, can you see that newly created account in ActiveDirectory Users and Computers?

Bear in mind that these suggestions are not relevant to E55 systems; if the system is E55, let us know.

I should have added that we use exchange5.5. I have tried to create new mailboxes on different exchange 5.5 servers after and unity does pick them fine. It is just that particular one that can't be found anywhere.

-Boris

My mistake. The user was not in right container. And since the server was recently upgraded to 3.1.5 , it is not setup to search peers container.

The Dalex/1.0/MailUsers key doesn't exist on the server.

Is this normal by default? Should I just create it?

The document on the server says to modify the key. Not to create it

-Boris

Cisco Employee

That setting sounds like the old 2.4.6 setting. For 3.1.5, you'll want to look in the HKLM\Software\ActiveVoice\Directory Connectors\AvDirMonExchange55\1.0 key and subkeys for configuration.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content