cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

import failures

john_greenwood
Level 1
Level 1

we are unable to import AD/mbox accounts into Unity if the AD account is in another domain. [it works fine if account is in the same domain as Unity] I tested this by logging on to the Unity using the same account that was used to install Unity in both domains, so permissions doesn't appear to be the problem. The error log says "could not create" They are restructuring there AD and we will need to import from another domain. Thanks..

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's probably a situation where the account associated with the Unity services in the SCM don't have write access to the properties they need in the containers in the domain you're trying to import users from. The permissions wizard can help here - you can select the highest "root" container in each domain that needs the ability to import users from - you can't select each container individually, you have to pick the highest container (which could be the domain itself) that encapsulates all the containers with users you want to import. You can select as many domains as you like...

You can get the tool off the CCO utilities page or AnswerMonkey here:

http://www.answermonkey.net/App_Maven.htm

actually I ran the permissions wizard on both domains for this account because I have a Unity in both domains. Recently, I did try to import using the SA administrator instead of the import tool and it works. Because of the amount of users I need to import, the the import tool would be preferred. Any ideas? Thanks...

hmmm... that's kinda odd since both the SA and the stand alone import till use the same interface (the IDC - Import Directory Connector) to get the uses to import and to add them into the system. I'm unsure why one would fail and the other would not in this case... when you run the import tool are you logged in as the same account you associated with the Unity service accounts?

afuller
Level 4
Level 4

This is a complete permissions problem that is outside Unity's reach. The account in the other domain obviously doesn't have permissions to create/edit objects in the Unity domain. You can grab the Permissions Wizard off of CCO to try fixing that.

adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: