Unity v3.1.3<br>Exchange 2000<br>We have been having problems running the import routine from Exchange/AD. We have tried a few different times, and have also uninstalled (using the Uninstall utility) and then rebuilt our Unity server. The problem is that we can import a few users without incident, but before we are able to import all users, we get errors. In the past 3 times during imports we have received run time errors. After uninstalling and rebuilding the server again we started imports. The first one of 26 users went fine. When we tried a second of 52, we received, according to the import log "Unable to import user", but when you look under subscribers in Admin, the user is there, but with n/a for extension and we are unable to open the users page. We have received this error in the past as well. We ran DBWalker and got an "Extension = (error) - Invalid Extension, required for Primary Call Handlers" on that user. However if you look in AD the extension is a valid 4 digit extension. Any suggestions on what to look for on what might be causing our problems?<br><br>NOTE: The run-time error we had received in the past was:<br>Run-time error'-2147467259(800004005):<br>Method '~' of object '~' failed<br><br><br>
Not sure what the import tool is getting cranky about there... the error code returned from the DOH there (the "~" message) is a general "something failed" message.
The extension in AD has no bearing on what's in the Unity back end database in SQL. If it's showing nothing in the SA and the dbWalker is barking then the primary call handler didn't get created properly.
Is it the same guy(s) that fail during import? If you import them one at a time via the SA do you also get an error? Anything that connects the users that import OK and those that don't? One thing that bites folks is if users are in different containers for which our service account doesn't have update rights for (we need to be able to update some properties on users even if we're just importing).
It's difficult to tell why this would be from the info here... can I poke around in your system via WTS? If so ping me at my corporate email.
We were able to get through the import by just selecting a few (20 - 50) subscribers at a time. We did receive more errors, but went through and deleted those entries from the SQL table, then imported them individually, and moved onto another group. I will send more info, after we have compiled it that might help diagnosing what might of been the cause. There are approx 460 subscribers in this system. We did test the voice mail and after running the Permissions Wizard were able to leave and retrieve messages. Unfortunately we currently do not have a way for you to access the system, we working at a temporary location until next week, at which time we should at least have access to modem lines. Thanks for your quick response.
well, there was a timing issue with the import tool seen at another site that seems like it might be similiar. Basically the time it took to create a call handler was too long and it tried to link up with it before it was available and threw an error kind of like what you're seeing. I passed this off to the folks responsible for that guy but they didn't have any snappy answers for me as to what to do about this situation.
To further support the possibility of a timing issue, here's something we noticed during the imports. After we would import a batch, it would take between 2 to 10 minutes before the newly imported user names would NOT show up in the list of eligible users to be imported.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...