Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Import subscribers from different Exchange 2K Administrative Groups

Hi -

I've been reading the forum entries and design guide for Exchange 2000 message store with Unity and I have a few questions (here's the link I am referencing) http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a00801187c6.html#1088739

This document says "A single Cisco Unity server should not service more than one administrative group regardless of the Exchange messaging mode being used." We are running Unity 3.1(5) unified messaging. Our AD forest is comprised of 9 domains. Each of those domains has its own Exchange server(s) that are in separate administrative groups. We have a single Exchange organization. When we installed Unity, we did so at the root of our forest. Due to replication schedule issues, we did need to change the default GC in the registry from the root GC to one in our own domain. In the registry our root is indeed our forest root. Our peer Exchange server is a bridgehead server in our domain. When I use SA to import subscribers, I get the drop-down box which asks me to select a domain from which to do the import. Currently, only subscribers from our own domain and Exchange server have been voicemail enabled. Some of our subscribers are being moved from our domain to another. Our domain and theirs is connected via gigabit backbone. Here's my question: Other than performance considerations, shouldn't I be able to import those subscribers once they have been given mail boxes and Win2K accounts in the new domain? I am thinking I can copy their greetings to file, then paste them once they have been deleted from Unity, then re-imported. Also, providing this scenario will work as I hope, is there any reason I should re-run the Unity permissions wizard or need the other Exchange admin to provide (such as Send As/Receive As for our Unity admin account)?

Many thanks in advance for your help :-)

Ginger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Re: Import subscribers from different Exchange 2K Administrative

Hi Ginger,

Assuming you have a native Exchange 2000/2003 environment there will not be a problem servicing users across multiple Administrative Groups. Further more you can use the Migrate Subscriber Data tool to help you since it doesn't sound like the user will be moving from one Unity server to another.

Check out this URL:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/MigrateSubscriberData_ENU.htm

Depending on how you have permissions setup you may or may not need to re-run the Permissions Wizard to set rights on the stores. Re-running won’t hurt anything for sure.

Hope this helps,

Keith

3 REPLIES

Hello -

Does anyone have experience with implementing Unity with multiple Exchange servers in different domains (9 Exchange administrative groups)? I would really appreciate your input and advise on my first post.

Thanks, Ginger

Gold

Hi Ginger,

Assuming you have a native Exchange 2000/2003 environment there will not be a problem servicing users across multiple Administrative Groups. Further more you can use the Migrate Subscriber Data tool to help you since it doesn't sound like the user will be moving from one Unity server to another.

Check out this URL:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/MigrateSubscriberData_ENU.htm

Depending on how you have permissions setup you may or may not need to re-run the Permissions Wizard to set rights on the stores. Re-running won’t hurt anything for sure.

Hope this helps,

Keith

Hi Keith :-)

Thank you so much! The enclosed link will also be a great asset. You provided both the information and validation I needed!

Sincerely, Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies