cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Imported 2.46 user can't access AA in Unity 3.1.5

bphelps
Level 2
Level 2

Just what the subject lines says: Imported 2.46 user can't access AA in Unity 3.1.5.

I found that if I change the windows password they have access.

Is there any fast way to change all the user's windows password? It appears the bulk edit tool doesn't do that.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bulk Import (or any other tool or the SA) will never touch the NT password for a standing user.

Not sure what you're changing the password to to make this fly, I'm a little confused by your description. If the account was created from scratch the user would need to be authenticating on that domain using that login and password - this would seem to be a bigger issue than not being able to access the AA... unless I'm misunderstanding your scenario here.

The accounts I imported were imported from Unity 2.46 running on Windows NT. The accounts were originally created using the Unity add user page in the SA.

Accounts that I have created in the new Unity 3.1.5 installation work fine, and they were created using the SA.

To get the user to log in to the AA I simply changed their 2000 account's password to whatever I wanted (I made it the same as their phone password) which is located on the Unity server. The Unity server is in a different domain from their normal windows account, because that domain is still running NT 4.0 and we didn't want to hassle the integration since they are upgrading soon.

I think the problem may be that the Unity import tool doesn't set their Windows 2000 password, even though it creates the 2000 user account. Does this sound right?

That said, does anyone know how to change 2000 passwords in bulk?

The import tool will set the NT passwords to whatever the subscriber template (the first one created by setup) is configured to use... by default I believe it ships with 12345678 as the default NT passsword.

I don't know of a snappy way to set passwords in bulk in 2K... you can check out the CSVDE.EXE app which is the import/export to/from CSV utility for 2K and see if you can find something, I've never tried to do this myself.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: