Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Importing 3.13a backup into a new install of Call manager 3.3 2

The scenario we currently have is the following.

Call Manager Version 3.1 3a

We want to install Version 3.3 2 on a completely new DL380 server.

The question we have is when we backup the 3.1 3a call manager can we import the back up file into the newly built 3.3 2 without problem. Do we need to upgrade 3.1 3a to 3.14b? If not would upgrading the STI backup to version 3.5.6 be sufficient enough to import this backup into the new call manager 3.3 2 we are building.

Please post any past experiences or recommendations. Thanks.

4 REPLIES

Re: Importing 3.13a backup into a new install of Call manager 3.

Have a look at this series of postings which cover most of what you want.

According to cisco you do have to upgrade to 3.1.4 before doing the upgrade to 3.3.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.ee98e3b

Paul

We are trying to avoid doing the 3.1 4b upgrade on the current call manager running 3.1 3a.

Will the import fail on 3.3 2 if we use the STI backup file from 3.1 3a?

I understand the version upgrade for STI backup on 3.1 3a but I am still curious if it is imperitive to perform the upgrade to 3.1 4b. The file looks huge and I am worried about causing problems before we even try to upgrade.

All info is appreciated. Thanks for the last post.

Bronze

The upgrade may work, but if it doesnt you are going to be in trouble. Since it hasn't been tested and approved by Cisco, TAC can't support it.

What if any are the problems in upgrading from 3.1 3a to 3.1 4b. I have not seen to much literature on this topic.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks again for the information.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content