Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Disabled AD users into Unity 4.03

Is it possible to import disabled AD users into Unity 4.03?

The customers` planned rollout of AD and Unity will happen gradually over a 4 week period. Therefore as the clients are gradually rolled out, the corresponding AD users will be enabled. I was planning to import all 350 disabled accounts into unity with the bulk admin tool and trust that they will work correctly when the AD accounts are enabled. Is this possible or are there issues with this method??? They are running Exchange 2003.

Any help will be gladly received.

Thanks in advance, Mark.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Importing Disabled AD users into Unity 4.03

yes, both the SA and CUBI will not care (or know) if the account is disabled or not. You can import them fine (I just tried this on my 4.0(3) to be sure and it works fine).

Thanks for quick reply,Great news!! Have you done this on live/working system and then enabled account?

Gold

The status of the AD account (enabled/disabled) has no bearing on the functional of Unity whatsoever. Even if the AD account is disabled Unity can still place messages in the corresponding Exchange mailbox and retrieve them, and the disabled user can login to Unity and check the messages in their mailbox. This will continue to work even with the AD account is disabled because subscribers authenticate against their Unity account and then the AD account which the Unity services are running as opens the mailbox for them.

So if you enable the AD account later it will still work the same.

Hope this helps...

Keith

Cisco Employee

... and yes, I've tried this on a live system and it works fine for all the reasons Keith states.

Great - Many Thanks for all your comments - this will make the rollout some what easier.

Regards Mark

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content