Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Importing Exchange user

I am running Unity 3.1(2) with an exchange 5.5 server on a seperate nt 4.0 box. I have been able to import all users into unity except one. I have checked the custom attributes for the user, and it doesn't seem to have any of the ones for unity set. The problem is that I cannot see the user when importing into unity. It doesn't show up in SA or using the Unity Import tool.<br>Thanks,<br>Pat McCloud<br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Importing Exchange user

Anything else unusual about this guy? Is he in a different container than the other users you imported? You checked custom attribute 12, 14 and "voice mail user ID"?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Same container as everyone else. I didn't see anything set for voice mail user id. I am not sure where to look for custom attribute 12 & 14, I only see a list for 1-10. Am I looking in the wrong place? Properties for the user, then the tab marked custom attributes.

Anonymous
N/A

you need to open Exchange in raw mode (use the "-r" command line parameter when you open the admin). Select the subscriber you want to look at and hit view raw properties (shift enter). In there you'll see a list of all the attributes on the user which includes hidden custom attributes. 12 and 14 are of interest to us... if you see values in there, delete them and then try reimporting the user.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

I checked the custom attributes, nothing for values 12 & 14. Still can't see the user to improt her from exchange however. I tried useing the SA and the unity import tool.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content