cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing new subscriber

pmccloud
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to import a new user from Exchange 2000 to Unity. When I try to do it through the web interface, I get the following error - A runtime Error has occured. Line 1952 Error: 'Servers.GetServerByName(...)' is null or is not an object. After that, I am unable to find any subscribers. I also tried to import the user with the avimport tool. There I get a Run-time error '-2147016646 (8007203a)':<br>Method '~' of '~' failed. I click ok in the dialog box, and the app shuts down. The exchange server is on another server. It seems that they can communicate, I left my self a voice mail and it showed up in my email.<br><br>

8 Replies 8

pmccloud
Level 1
Level 1

With further testing, I am also unable to create a new subscriber, I receive a similar error.

Not applicable

When you go to import/create a user in the SA is the drop down list of servers/domains to choose from all empty and skinny or is there anything populated in there at all?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

The drop down list is empty and skinny, yes.

Not applicable

any errors in the event log to go on? Check for DNS errors in particular. If we can't contact the GC or a DC you'll get this kind of behavior. Unity uses AD to find the closest DC which is completely dependant on DNS working properly. if the GC is not available or the one we were looking at during install is now not available you'll get this as well...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

We recently replaced one of our domain controllers that was acting as a GC. We transferred that role to the new server. How do I get Unity to look at the new Global Catalog server? I set the old server back to being a GC as a work around and I can import users.

Not applicable

yeah, Unity wont discover a new GC on the fly and change to it, you have to do this by hand. In the resgistry under "HKLM\Software\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchGlobalCatalog\1.00\Directory" you'll see a key called "DefaultGlobalCatalogServer" that takes a fully qualified domain name (i.e. "mycomputer.mydomain.com"). You can change this here... it'll require a restart.

I think this is the only change necessary...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

That fixed it, thanks.

Not applicable

I am getting the same error. However,nothing has changed. I do not see this registry setting. Our exchange 5.5 is in the same DNS domain as the unity server. However, the GC/DC server is in a different DNS domain. The import was working when I did the 2.46 to 3.13 conversion. Two hours after the conversion the administrators except for the Install account, which is also an exchange service account role stopped being able to admin subscriber info. No one can import at this point.

I can ping using FQDN to the GC.newdomain.com and Exchange.oldDomain.com.

Suggestions?

schois