cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing Ring Types for 7960 phones

rlbrumm
Level 1
Level 1

Can I Import distinctive WAV files to add ring types to my 7960 phones? If so how can I do this?

4 Replies 4

rickb
Level 3
Level 3

It can be done. Take a look at the following link and see if it helps.

Rick

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_0/admin_gd/3_0_9/a3rings.htm

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

After reading through the link above, you will need a wav file editor. I'm using Cool Edit 2000. Initially I used the demo download for Cool Edit Pro but for my needs, it was a little to expensive so I went with Cool Edit 2000. There are lots of sites on the web to download wave files, just search on wave files. Remember when you open the wav file in your editor to use the 8000 samples/sec and the 8 bit sample. If you don't, then the sound will be different when played on the IP set. Remember to save your files in .raw format and no bigger than 16k max. You will then insert your new .raw file on CCM in Program Files-->Cisco-->TFTPPath. Then you will need to make a copy of the Ringlist file in TFTPPath. Once you have a copy, then use Notepad to edit the names of your new ring tones, then insert the new version of Ringlist file back into TFTPPath. Now to make the new rring tones operational, you will need to go into Call Manager and select Application-->Cisco CallManager Servicability-->Tools-->Control Center-->Select Your CCM and then stop and restart Cisco TFTP. Good Luck.

Yes this does work, thank you. It placed the new file in alphabetical order so don't look for it at the bottom unless the name starts with a Z..

I am not 100%, but be careful how many you add to the system I think it is 30 or 50. Could hose up resourses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: