cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing subscribers into Unity 2.4.6

nzz0099
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to import a subscriber into Unity. Unity finds the account, but when I attempt to import it I get "An unrecognized error has occurred. The new subscriber was not successfully added."

In the past we've had other issues importing users. The fix has been to make sure the Allow Rich-Text value was set to 1. Also, we check the values for all the voice mail properties for the account. In this case, the Allow Rich-Text is set to 1 and the voice mail properties for the account have not been configured.

What else should I be doing to import this account into Unity.

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I suspect it's something along the lines of a call handler was created for that user's alias and is left floating in the list of handlers. You can manually check for this by looking in the Unity folder in Exchnage under the call handlers sub folder and looking for a handler with the alias "ch_(subscribers alias)" in there. If there's a conflicting alias for the primary call handler when the SA goes to import the user you'll get one of those "unknown error" messages.

I searched around for something like this but couldn't find a call handler for the alias. I ran dbWalker and the account doesn't show up in the output file. Is there anything else that I can try?

Can you try using the import utility instead of the SA? You'll find this guy under the Unity program group in the start menu... they use slightly different methods of getting from A to B importing users.

We're able to work around this issue using the Import utility, however, this is causing other problems for us. We actually have a TAC open on this.

It's being recommended that we run configuration manager. One of the DE's thinks that the default templates got corrupted. Which makes sense, when we import an account using the utility instead of the SAWeb interface, we've noticed that the profile does not have the default greetings. We also cannot modify the templates, the changes don't get saved. And we can't create a new template either.