cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IMS Conncector in Exchange 5.5 (Not the Same Site)

bbickerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

Exchange 5.5

Unity 3.15

CCM 3.2 (2C)

Unified Messaging

Just want to be clear on this before I go ahead and do it.

I have two unity servers in diffrent Exchange 5.5 sites. I want to network these servers via dialing domains. According to the documentation You need to install the IMS service on both Unity servers and then install the voice connector. This all sounds good.

What I am looking for is documentation that tells you the recommended procedure to config the IMS service. I have read the documentation on the voice connector. I just want to be certain that I config the IMS service right.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Digital Networking does not require (or use) the ISM or Voice Connector. Those are only required for networking protocols other than Digital Networking such as AMIS.

This is what you should be interested in:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008011a58e.html#1215712

Hope this helps…

Thanks,

Keith

Ok when I got to this location in the Registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ActiveVoice\DirSynchEx55\1.00\Locations

I can get as far as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ActiveVoice

I do not see DirSynchEx55\1.00\Locations.

What's Up????

Possibly it's a security issue. That is, the account that you are logged on as does not have access to that part of the Registry. Try logging on with another account that has more rights/permissions on the server and see if that makes a difference.

Nancy

I think it should be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ActiveVoice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchEx55\1.00\Locations

Thanks!!!!

This worked..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: