Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

In a VOIP solution, can the Combined publisher / TFTP and Call Manager reside on the same server?

I'm designing a small VOIP network, 6 remote sites via T-1 WAN, 2-3 phones/site and a centralized call manager. Redundancy is not an issue, and there is no need for a PSTN access. The network is a totally closed IP WAN. Every reference I've found so far describes Call Manager clustering and recommends that the Combined publisher /TFTP and the Call Manager reside on seperate platforms. My question is: Is it necessary to have seperate platforms in a small implementation.

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: In a VOIP solution, can the Combined publisher / TFTP and Ca

If you don't want to have redundancy,

then no need for clustering and hence all

component i.e call-manager , publisher and tftp can reside on one platform.

I would think the publisher would not be playing a major role here or even be inactive since no

clustering is being done and you're running a stand alone ccm application.

For clustering at its minimum though, you can use two server but three is recommended.

1 server is primary call agent and the second server is the publisher/tftp and secondary call agent.

Views
Helpful
Replies