cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

In need of advice.

Nykko24
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to the cisco networking world. I could really use some advice on what to do after I attain my CCNA certification and graduate from high school.

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies 7

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

College would be good.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/eduhome.htm

There's a lot of universities that are starting to offer undergraduate programs in computer networking. Search for them and start there. Good luck!

majesky_brett
Level 1
Level 1

well Nykko24, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm in 11th grade, almost done with my first year of my CCNA training. I don't know about your school, but if you're in 10th grade right now, by the time you recieve your CCNA certificate, your school should be offering the CCNP training class. I was told that it's only another year of training, and since it will be through the school, it's free. I also know that at my school, we're being set up with internships to obtain experience before we hit the workforce, so we'll be looked at even higher than without it. I can't really tell you much, just talk to your teacher, I'm sure he/she will be able to help you

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

hi nykko,

Good that you have passed CCNA. Now try to focus hard and try completing your CCNP and if possible CCIE. CCNP is really a good program to get deep into the concepts. It covers in full depth about switching and WANS. I think it will be of gret help for you if you intend to work in networking field. there is also another option, ie CCNP security. That is really a great program. It can fetch you a job within few seconds. thatz it for now. keep in touch.

regards,

Rajagopal.S MCP,CCNA,CCNP,CCIE (theory)

my mail id is sachinraja@rediffmail.com

m.calabrese
Level 1
Level 1

College!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes! any Cisco Certification is a very valuable asset and one to be proud of BUT anyone talented enough to earn a CCNA while in high school should attend college. Any curriculum in the "hard sciences " will work wonders for your career. DO NOT think you have to major in computer science, Mathematics, Physics or any of the Engineering tracks will do fine. Hope I helped

charles_cui
Level 1
Level 1

u'd better go into college/university ,i think

6jdambly
Level 1
Level 1

well this is what I would do, put up a resume on monster.com, people are always looking for Networking guys, college is a good idea, but the don't teach you anything that applies in the real world.

michael_oldham
Level 1
Level 1

Goto University. there are no short cuts in life.