Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the case of Extension Mobility feature enabled how to push a message

Hello Group!

In the case of extension mobility feature enabled i want to push a message to the phone to which the user is currently logged in. So based on the users extension number i want to find out the IP addresses currently binded to that extension and need to push the message on both the phone i.e to the original extension and also to the extension on which the user is logged in.

To achieve this what should be done.

Is there any table on call manager database where the IP addresses bind to a extension are stored, where i can query and find out the corresponding IP addresses to push the message.

Any help in this reagard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Shyamal

2 REPLIES

Re: In the case of Extension Mobility feature enabled how to pus

There is no easy way to do this until CCM version 4.0 though you could develop your own service to register what IP address the user is bound to to start with and then update it when he utilizes the Extension Mobility login. This will require some development on your part to maintain that service, and the method you use to track user IP Addresses.

Re: In the case of Extension Mobility feature enabled how to pus

Does that mean that i need to develop my login application for the IP Phone which in turn returns the IP address and i store it locally and then i can access the database and get the IP of the Phone.

Or i can modify the login page code to do that.

Can you suggest what could be the best solution??

thanks for the reply.

Regards

Shyamal

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content