Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Mailbox Size

Hi,<br><br>Some of our users do not have Unified Messaging therefore they exist on a seperate Exchange server in our site.<br><br>With that said, I have observed my mailbox size (for VM) to be approximately 240megs when I have no voicemail.<br><br>In order to maintain an accurate depiction of voicemail storage size do I need to run an offline defrag or do something?<br><br><br><br>Erik L. Vesneski<br>Internal Network Manager<br>www.epicentric.com

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Inaccurate Mailbox Size

How are you determining mailbox size? If you're looking at the size of the priv.edb then this is not an accurate picture. That size will never get smaller, only larger, unless you do an offline defrag. It'll simply "tombstone" messages that have been deleted in there and reuse the space.

If you're looking at inbox stats in the private store in the Exchange admin, be sure you don't have users copying messages to the deleted items folkder over the phone (this is a Class of Service option, not something they would be aware they were doing). This could be parking on some space you wouldn't notice right off...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content