Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Inbound call question

Below is the config off of an FXO voice port:

trunk-group FXO

input gain 8

echo-cancel coverage 24

no comfort-noise

timeouts interdigit 2

connection plar 6199

description 5809953323

station-id name Outside Call

caller-id enable

Our customer is saying when people try to call them, the outside caller is hearing the phone ring two or three times before the internal phones ring. Is there a way to speed this up?

All outside calls are sent to the AA (6199). During work hours, the AA simply sends the calls to a hunt pilot on CCM.

Thanks,

Chris

6 REPLIES

Re: Inbound call question

You can modify the ring time for the AA hunt pilot in CCM or else create a "dummy" device to act as the DN used by your Hunt Pilot and adjust DOWN the ring time as well. I have used the latter with good success...

Can you provide some specific information please?

Thanks,

Chris

Blue

Try this:

connection plar opx 6199

With connection plar the router answers the call then sets up the call to the target number. With connection plar opx the router extends the ring to the target but does not answer until the far end answers. This should help.

I changed the config on the voice ports to use the connection plar opx 6199 command. Outside calls are still ringing two or three times before it rings at the customer's location.

Thanks,

Chris

Blue

My bad; since the caller is going through the autoattendant the opx setting would only affect the number of rings heard before the AA answers.

Do you get the delayed ring when you use the AA number from an internal phone? Have you tried pointing the PLAR directly at the hunt pilot?

I did have this set-up to PLAR the hunt pilot at first, but then I changed it. I think I am going to change it back.

Thanks,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content