Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Inbound Caller ID not passed through FXO / PLAR

Hello good people. I am working on an ITS rollout. I have four PSTN lines, each pluggin into an FXO port on my 2620. My FXO ports are configured to PLAR to ephone-dn numbers that are present on the phones that I would like to see and receive incoming calls. However, the incoming calls only show up as 'private' before answer and 'external call' unknown when aswered. Is there a way to beat this? Everything i see on the FXO ports seems to tell me that it should be on by default, but is there something I missed?

<snip>

voice-port 2/0

input gain 8

timeouts interdigit 3

timeouts call-disconnect 1

timeouts ringing 18

connection plar 1

<snip>

telephony-service

max-ephones 20

max-dn 20

ip source-address 10.1.1.1 port 2000

auto assign 1 to 20

timeouts interdigit 2

timeouts ringing 20

create cnf-files version-stamp 7960 Aug 15 2003 15:04:56

max-conferences 4

secondary-dialtone 9

Thanks everyone, and good luck to all!

Jerry Craven, CCNP

Allied Technology Group, llc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: Inbound Caller ID not passed through FXO / PLAR

Caller ID is supported on the VIC-2FXO-M1.

It looks like you are missing the caller-id enable command under the voice port.

5 REPLIES

Jerry,

You should do a IOS Debug "debug voip ccapi inout". This will tell you whether you are getting the CLID from the carrier or not. Feel free to post it to the forum.

Regards,

D

So if you are getting CLID from the carrier on an FXO port, this should pass through to the phone?

as far as i know CLID is not passing through analog phone lines. and cisco VIC-FXO doesn't support any CLID protocols.

Bronze

Caller ID is supported on the VIC-2FXO-M1.

It looks like you are missing the caller-id enable command under the voice port.

Hello all,

Sorry to have left this out there. Dugrant wins the award on this one, and don't think I didn't want to disqualify myself from VOIP networking when I realized I had left off such a simple command. I thought it was the default, but I was wrong.

I should note, however, the first time I called TAC an engineer told me to 'upgrade' my vic2-4FXO cards to the M versions which, by the way, are apparently close to the end of their life cycle. hmm.

Thanks,

Jerry

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content