Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blue

Inbound Caller-ID - UK Site

I have a site in the UK that I am working through some inbound caller-id issues on. They have an E1 PRI and for the calling number on local/national calls I do not receive the leading 0. So for example, I am getting "7764 822***" as opposed to "07764 822***". For International calls, I do not receive the leading 00. For example for a call from the US to the UK, I receive "1608298****" as opposed to "001608298****". I originally had a translation rule that looked like this:

-------------------------

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /\(^[2-9]\)/ /90\1/

rule 2 /1/ /9001/

!

!

voice translation-profile Prefix_9

translate calling 1

-------------------------

This works but it only takes into account calls that start with 1 for International (rule 2). Calls that come from Denmark for example come in with a leading "45". I have no way to distinguish using voice translation-rules a call from Denmark or a national call that starts with 45 so I can't determine where to prefix "90" and where to prefix "900".

andy - berbee

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: Inbound Caller-ID - UK Site

Ok. After some trial and error it looks like I got it. The missing link was the "$" to force it to explicitly match on 10 digits. The below translation rule will first look to see if the calling number is 10 digits, if so I know its a local/national number and I prefix "90". If its > than 10 digits (international caller) it goes to rule 2 which will then prefix 900.

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /\(^[2-9].........$\)/ /90\1/

rule 2 /\(^[1-9]*\)/ /900\1/

andy - berbee

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content