Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Inbound Calling

Hi,

We are in the midst of evaluating VoIP solutions. I have a Call Manager setup and a 2651 MGCP gateway. The gateway has an FXO card which is connected through a tie to the PBX. I have been successful in configuring the Call Manager and MGCP gateway, we can make calls out the gateway but when trying to call into the IP phones we are not successful.

Is there somewhere I should be configuring inbound call routing either on the gateway or on CM? I thought MGCP handled all of that? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES

Re: Inbound Calling

what is your pbx type. the inbound sig. is not a match to you signal type..

the PBX type is Meridian Option 81c. Do you suggest a type of signalling to use? Do you mean the inbound into the gateway? as calls going out are fine. Dialing in to the gateway we receive a fast busy.

thanks,

Raj

I would initially verify the number of significant digits that the gateway expects from the pbx, and ensure that this fits into your dial-plan.

I would also check the number of digits being delivered from the pbx, typically on trunk to trunk links you'll have a prefix or code, is this code being discarded before delivery the remaining digits ?

Thanks for your reply Allan.

I don't see in the FXO configuration on CM where I would set the sig digits or expected digits. That option is available in the FXS config. The line from the pbx is a tie line or pots going into an FXO port. We have not configured a trunk. I don't even see the FXO in use light come active when dialing into the gateway, could this be an issue in the pbx signalling? Thanks.

How are your FXO ports provisioned, are you using a VIC-FXO. The reason being, is that the VIC-FXO card is not a Direct Inward Dial (DID) card, you need to configure an Attendant DN to indicate where incoming calls need to be forwarded.

This is configured with the MGCP Gateway endpoint configuration for the FXO port. Also have you selected the appropriate type of FXO port, either Ground or Loop start.

Is the FXO endpoint registered with callmanager, from the IOS gateway you can verify the registration by using the show ccm-manager command.

Have you used the application MGCPAPP command to place the port under control of the Cisco CallManager MGCP call agent.

For example, the following command string configures voice port 0 in voice interface card 1 with MGCP:

Gateway(config)# dial-peer voice 1 pots

Gateway(config-dial-peer)# application MGCPAPP

Gateway(config-dial-peer)# port 1/1/0

Allan, thanks for your help. We are using a VIC-FXO. It turns out that we were missing the mgcp line-package. Also, the Attendant DN was specified incorrectly.

Views
Helpful
Replies