Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Inbound offnet call -- how to cause different ring tone

Hello!

I've been searching without success in the Call Manager 4.x documentation for any information on how to cause a different ring tone to be played on a Cisco IP phone if the inbound call is from offnet.

The only thing I've found so far is a rather cryptic tac case regarding doing so with an H.323 gateway.

- Is it possible to configure this behavior for an MGCP gateway?

- Is this capability available for PRI as well as analog (FXO) interfaces (H.323 and MGCP)?

- Are there any interaction issues with unique ring tones that users may have set on their phones?

Many thanks for any help or direction...!

Deb

7 REPLIES

Re: Inbound offnet call -- how to cause different ring tone

when using MGCP, you can go into the callmanager service nad look for the following setting, using the drop down, change it to "TRUE".

MGCP Network Location OffNet*

and for the H323 GW, look for;

H323 Network Location OffNet*

and do the same thing...

Hope this helps.

Marc

Thanks, Marc.

I'm also wondering how to cause a different ring tone to be played on the phone when an offnet call comes in. This isn't automatic, as far as I can determine. Do you know?

Thanks again, either way!

Debi

I don't believe there is a way to have a different ring tone, but the rings will be different (double/stutter ring for offnet calls vs. a single ring for internal calls). The other issue that I have run into, is if you run all of the calls through UNITY or some sort of Autoattendant, the calls that are transfered become internal, instead of external calls.

Thank you!

That is very helpful information.

Many thanks,

Debi

Running CM 4.1(3) and do not see this option in services including those under the "Advanced" radio button. Any ideas where it moved in 4.1(3)?

Did you find out how to do this in 4.1(3)?

Can this be done in CCM 5.x ?

I can't seem to locate this particular MGCP parameter.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content